Wednesday 11th July
We will be holding our Welcome Reception in the Main Hall of the National Museum Cardiff, the flagship building of Amgueddfa Cymru – National Museum Wales, a network of seven museums across Wales. The Main Hall was officially opened in 1927, and features an 85 foot dome featuring original pink glass at its centre, allowing a lovely hued light to flood the entire space.
Attendance at this is included in the registration fee.
- Tour of Cardiff University’s Special Collections & Archives and tour of the Temple of Peace and Health – max. 40 attendees
- St Fagans National Museum of History – max. 90 attendees
- National Museum Cardiff – max. 20 attendees
- Visit to Cardiff Central Library Hub and Cardiff Story Museum – max 20 attendees
- Cardiff Castle – max. 25 attendees
- Bute Park walk/talk – min 15 and max 25 attendees
- Guided tour of Cathays Cemetery and Cathays Heritage Library – max 15 attendees
- Walking tour of Cardiff – max 25 attendees
- Bike ride – max. 15 attendees
- Slow Walking and Poetry – max. 20 attendees
For more information about the visits please click here!
Registration will open on 31st May 2018. At the same time you will also be able to confirm your attendance at the Welcome Reception on 11th July and the Gala Dinner on the 12th July.
Thursday 12th July
The magnificent Edwardian City Hall is the focal point of the Civic Centre, and the host for our Gala Dinner. City Hall opened in 1904, and is dominated by a 194 foot high clock tower and a dome surmounted by a Welsh dragon. A portico leads into the main foyer and reception. Grand staircases either side, with ornate bronze balustrades, lead to the reception rooms above. On one staircase is a memorial to Captain Robert Scott and his courageous companions, who sailed from Cardiff on the Terra Nova, on their ill-fated expedition to the South Pole in 1910.
Accompanying Persons – click the images to register!